Brianne, Ethan, and Sophia

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ethan's 1st Soccer Practice

Ethan had his first day at his soccer practice and it was so enjoyable to watch him interact with the other kids and his coaches. When I first got there he seemed a little out of place from the other kids. Since they all looked around his age but just were doing really well compared to what I think a beginner would look like. It was funny when Ethan joined them he turned to the kid next to him and made a comment about his cool shoes and how they had a puma on them which made him run fast. That's when the coach asked him if he belonged in the group. Turns out he wasn't his coach. I think it must of been the 5 year old group because the kids looked like they pretty much knew what they were doing.
We rushed Ethan over to the other side and he of course detoured towards the playground. I caught him and we ran over to the right coach. He was a crack up during the practice. He would point out things to the others that they really weren't paying any attention to, like the birds and clouds. He asked his coach Ozzy what the baseball scoreboard was and then said he wanted to put a number one up there. A flock of geese flew by honking loudly. Ethan was sitting on his ball and then started to flap his wings and honk. The others followed. He is curious, observant and gets so excited. I love my little boy.
He is a fast learner too, because today he learned to stop the ball, which he did really well. Everytime after he did it the first time he would do it. At first I didn't think he was paying attention but he picked up quick. He just needs to learn to not use his hands so much. Which he will in due time. He was so funny dribbling the ball all over the field during drills. Made it a little chaotic, but it was so much fun to watch and observe. He got his uniform today and it turns out he is #21. Yeah one of my favorite numbers since it is my birthday. I would post pictures but I'm unable to do that at this time. But his uniform is light blue.
After practice he was beat red and dripping with sweat. (Just like I do.) That morning I thought of bringing some orange wedges for all the kids and got props for that. Sophie enjoyed them as well since she loves oranges. We later headed over to the playground where he and Sophie played with the kids from his team. There is practice next Saturday and I'm excited just as much as he is. I can't wait to get Sophie into some kind of sport or dance class. Soon enough.

4 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2009 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Megmeg Smash said...

    glad to hear you're doing well. i hesitate to call you, because i'm never sure what you are up to. if you have time, drop me a line and we can go do something fun while the weather is still wonderful!

     
  • At August 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Blogger bwyatt said...

    Call me anytime. I've been busy with getting the kids ready for preschool, caught up with Dr. appointments, getting myself ready for school, looking into getting a job, doing what I need for this situation and on and on. All without a computer too, which is harder than I realized it would be. We can always make time for something fun. Haven't been up there for a while since I have no $. Maybe next week we can get together and do something. I'll call you or call me when ever.

     
  • At September 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM , Blogger none said...

    i didnt know he was doing soccer where was i with that.lol that is so kol

     
  • At May 23, 2010 at 6:56 PM , Blogger flushing the toilet said...

    too bad his dad didn't make the time to see him play or take him to practice brianne you are such a wonderful mommy :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home