Brianne, Ethan, and Sophia

Monday, August 10, 2009

What's New

Right now I don't have the Internet so I'm using it at a friends as well as doing some laundry. I probably won't be able to post pictures that much from now on. I'll still take pictures of these activities and maybe I'll just write about the fun activities we do and post them. Later I'll match the pictures with the posts later on.

We have had a lot of activities going on that have kept the kids and myself busy. We've been doing a lot of running around and standing in lines for the papers we need to get and forms we need to file out for everything. But aside from all of that we have had fun times too. Saturday we had the ward picnic/bbq. Which included some of Ethan's favorite things. Water balloons and pinatas filled with candy! He's getting really good at whacking them. Sophie was very impressive as well when she was taking her swing at it. I really love the ward I'm in and hope that I'm able to stay in it with all the great friends I've made. We'll have to see what happens.

Friday night we went to visit Aunt Cora and Uncle Javier and the cousins Andy, Javie, and Alex. We had a nice visit. Ethan loves her boys and they are the sweetest helpers. Turns out on our visit it was Javier's birthday so they invited us to the surprise party they had for him that night. I found out he is the youngest out of 13! Wow wee and I thought I had a big family. We had a lot of fun with lots of good food. I ate too much because it was so good. Ethan soon became the live of the party. He had been throwing dirt up in the air for fun, which all ended up on his face. He then ran out in front of where everyone and stood there with his dirt made mask. I really wished I had taken a picture it was the funniest thing. Everyone was cracking up, including myself. They were saying he's a little bandino and said his new nick name was Zorro. I was thinking more like Dash from the Incredible's. I ended up washing him up after that in the bath. He's such a goof. When we got home it was late and the kids had fallen asleep. They were so dirty that I had to give them a bath. They both screamed the whole time like I was torturing them. Good thing we don't have the neighbor upstairs anymore. It definitely would have woken her up.

Last night I decided to have a little party. Since I love to entertain and wanted to do something for my friends who have been there for me and helped me out so much. I'm so lucky to have friends like them. I ended up having a big feast. I marinated a flank steak and corn (lots of corn), my friend Janet brought over hot dogs and zucchini, and the Romero's brought pork patties all to bbq. I was lucky that I had pro-bbqers out there working, so I didn't have to. I was busy cooking away. I made a lot of yummy homemade salsa (my favorite food, got to have it), had homemade refried beans cooking all day while I was gone at church. I made Mexican rice, warmed up some corn tortillas, had juice and in the end had quite a spread. We were so full after that we didn't even get to dessert. Which was rainbow sherbet, since I didn't want to turn on the oven to make what I had planned on making for dessert. Which would of been yellow bread. Everything turned out delish. The kids had a fun time playing with their friends. My sister April came that day too for a visit and was able to enjoy the day with us.

Today we went to the recorders office in Norwalk, so I could pick up the kids birth certificates. I ended up chatting with the lady in line behind me and we quickly found out we had a lot in common. She had a son who's 5 and kept Ethan and Sophie entertained while we were able to visit. I found out she is a single Mom, was adopted, and is Mormon. We ended up exchanging emails and thought it would be fun to set up a get together for the kids. Ethan kept saying as we were leaving he wanted to go with his friend Andona. I have always found it easy to make new friends. I think it's because I truly love people. I hope my kids are able to do this when they get older. I would think they would, just because they are so friendly now.
I also got the sweetest compliment that made my day. Some random guy told me that I was "a very pretty lady." I thanked him graciously. What a nice compliment he gave me. It actually took me a moment to register what he actually said. It put a smile on my face the rest of the day.

2 Comments:

  • At August 11, 2009 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Megmeg Smash said...

    How rockin' it is to get a sincere compliment. It's funny that you mention making friends easily, of course you do. You are the sunniest person I have ever encountered, I have always thought that. It amazes me, because you do so in adversity. I'm glad you're back in my life.

     
  • At August 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM , Blogger bwyatt said...

    Awww thanks Meghan I'm glad you are too. I love life and I love people. I think because I had a hard life and struggled, I'm able to understand a large array of people.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home