Brianne, Ethan, and Sophia

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bad Boys and Good "Grils"

Among some of my errands I had to go to the Social Security Office the other day. When we were there Ethan was acting up and jumping on the chairs and was wiggling a lot when I was holding him and just giving me a hard time. The security guard there asked if he could talk with him and I said "sure, why not?" So the guard started off be telling him to listen and be good to your Mom. He then asked Ethan a question that I knew what his response would be, and I was right. He asked "Do you want to go back with all the bad boys?" Ethan of course responded with "yes." The lady that was helping me and I, both had a hard time keeping a straight face. It did help a little because he acted better from then on. Until we were getting ready to leave and he pulled my arm back and told me "We need to go Mom. We need to go see the bad boys." I then replied with "No, you don't want to be with the bad boys. You want to be with the good boys and girls." He then said "No, girls!" A few days later I had to go back to that office again and Ethan remembered where we were. Because as we pulled up he got really excited and said "Hey Mom, we're going to go see the bad boys." As we went in he saw the same security guard and said to him "I want to go see the bad boys." He was good this time while we waited keeping himself entertained with a small round key ring he found on the floor. After we were done he said good-bye to the lady and kept thanking her for helping us and "See you later." He's such a character. Sophia was sleeping both times there. Thank goodness:)

Ethan has been a sweetheart lately with all of his compliments to me and telling me sweet things, more than he ever has before. Forget that random guy's compliment. It's all about Ethan's that make my day. He is always telling me how much he loves me and how pretty and beautiful I am. (Man he's going to be a ladies man if he keeps it up when he's older;) He says "Mommy you are such a sweet gril (he always says girl backwards), and I love your hair." As he pets my head. The other day he asked me if I like Daddy? And I told him "Yes, I like him and love him because he made you." His eyes got all big and he had a big grin on his face. He then said "You do! Daddy's being a good boy and listening Mommy?" Made me cry. He's such a sweet little guy. He's been saying so many sweet things to me so often he has Sophia doing it now. I love my kids and am so blessed that I'm able to be their Mom. The sure give me a hard time but they also know how to pick me up and make my day. I love my kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home